- 24 green bananas
- 2 liters of water
- ½ fresh milk
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup minced red bell pepper (optional)
- 1 cup cooked sliced carrots (optional)
- 2 cup virgin olive oil
- ½ cup vinegar
- 12 peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 cups onion (minced or sliced)
- 12 garlic cloves (sliced)
- Cut the tips of the green bananas and cut the peel of the bananas lengthwise.
- Cook the guineitos: In a large saucepan add 2 liters of water, milk and salt to taste. Heat until boiling. Add the bananas and cook for 20 minutes. Drain, let cool and cut into wheels.
- Prepare the marinade. In a medium saucepan add all the ingredients for the marinade sauce and cook over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes. Until the onions are tender. Let it cool.
- In a large glass container, add the sauce and add the rest of the ingredients and season to taste.
- NOTE: Leave in the refrigerator until serving time. You can add the juice of a lemon at the end.