- 1/2 lb. water bread or French bread cut into wheels
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup finely chopped ripe tomato
- ½ tsp. fresh oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut into bread rolls and toast until golden brown.
- In a small container mix the olive oil with the rest of the ingredients and season to taste.
- Spoon tomato mixture over bread slices and serve.
- NOTE: You can vary the recipe by adding grated Parmesan or Gruyère cheese.