QUICK STEWED BEANSADD TO FAVORITESGO TO FAVORITES
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup minced cooking ham
- ¼ cup sofrito
- 1 seasoning with cilantro and achiote
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cans 15.5 oz. pink beans
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup pumpkin (chopped)
- 1 sheet of recao
- Salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil, add the ham and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the sauce, seasoning, tomato sauce and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the beans, water, squash, and recao leaf and season to taste.
- Cover and cook at medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes until thick.
- Orejita: Prepare this stew with your favorite white, pink, colored, black beans and even chickpeas. To cook the chickpeas you can add chorizo or longanizas.
Comments are closed.