- 2 lbs. marinated breast fillets with 1 egg (2 tbsp. soy sauce, 2 tsp. garlic)
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ lb. broccoli
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp. orange peel
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup corn syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. black bean sauce (black beans sauce)
- Prepare the Orange Sauce. In a saucepan add the broth with the cornstarch and mix until the cornstarch dissolves. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook over moderate heat until thick. Set aside.
- Marinate the breast fillets and then batter with cornstarch. In a deep skillet add 4 cups corn oil and heat. Put the fillets in small portions and fry until golden brown, remove and place on absorbent paper. Repeat the procedure until finished.
- In a large skillet or wok heat a drizzle of corn oil, add the chopped broccoli and sauté for a few seconds. Add the breast fillets, sauce and sauté for two to three minutes.
- Serve and garnish with chives.