- 6-8 lbs. chopped and marinated turkey
- 6 tsp. salt
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ tsp black pepper (optional)
- ½ tbsp. fresh oregano
Sauce for the fricassee
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ tbsp. garlic
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 stuffed olives
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- salt to taste
- Thaw turkey ahead of time. Take out of the package and drain. Dice the turkey. Mix the marinade ingredients. Marinate the turkey ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to start preparing the recipe.
- In a large cauldron, add the olive oil, heat and add the chopped turkey and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pot add the onion, tomato, pepper, garlic and cilantro and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped and browned turkey. Add the rest of the ingredients, season to taste, cover and cook at medium heat for 1 ½ hours or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- NOTE: You can use homemade sofrito to substitute vegetables. Use ½ cup stir fry. Add more liquid for the sauce, either water or chicken broth depending on how thick of sauce you want.