- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp. powdered spice cloves
- ½ tbsp. grated crystallized ginger
- 4 dried figs (chopped)
- 4 dried dates (chopped)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar
- ½ tbsp. lemon or vanilla flavor
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the mold.
- Prepare the cake. In the electric mixer, mix the butter, sugar and molasses until it is very creamy. Add the eggs one by one and mix until creamy. In a container mix the cake flour with the spices. Add to the butter mixture little by little. Then add the ginger, figs, dates, cranberries and walnuts, alternating with the Yogurt.
- Pour the mixture into the mold. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Let it cool.
- Prepare the glaze. In an electric mixer add the milk with the powdered sugar little by little until it is slightly creamy and add the flavor. Place the cake on a tray and pour the glaze over the cake.
- NOTE: You can prepare it in cupcake molds. Bake for 18-20 minutes.