- 1 roving sucker 3 to 4 pound (marinated with: 4 tsp. Salt, 4 tsp. Garlic, ½ tsp. fresh oregano, tbsp. olive oil and 1 tbsp. Vinegar)
- ½ cup onion (minced)
- ½ cup green bell pepper (minced)
- 1 cup minced cooking ham (or use 6 slices of minced bacon)
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup stuffed olives (minced)
- ¼ cup sofrito
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce and 1 tsp. browning sauce
- 2 cups white cooking wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 medium potatoes (diced)
- 1 cup carrot slices
- Mix the ingredients for the meat marinade and set aside.
- Clean the meat. Make a deep incision in both ends of the piglet and marinate.
- Mix the ingredients for the filling and stuff the meat. Leave to marinate for at least 1 hour.In a large saucepan add a drizzle of olive oil, heat and add the meat and cook over medium heat, sealing the meat on both sides. Take out and set aside.
- In the same saucepan add the sofrito, sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and browning sauce and cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the meat, cooking wine and bay leaf and cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes and carrots, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
- NOTE: You can fill with broccoli or your favorite vegetable combination.