PERNIL AND GOUDA EMPANADASADD TO FAVORITESGO TO FAVORITES
- 1 pkg. turnover shells
- 1 lb. roasted and shredded leg
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup sofrito
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp. chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. bell pepper (minced)
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ cup gouda cheese grated
- Prepare the pork stew. In a medium saucepan add the olive oil, sofrito, garlic, onion, bell pepper, coriander, tomato sauce and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the shredded leg, season to taste and cook for 3-5 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a container, add the pork stew and mix with the grated gouda cheese.
- Prepare the empanadillitas. Dampen the edge of a stencil and spoon in the pork and cheese mixture. Fold the template and pinch the edges until the template is closed. Repeat for each template. Leave in the refrigerator until frying time.
- Fry in corn oil until golden brown and serve immediately. Accompany with your favorite sauce.
Comments are closed.