CORNED BEEF MIXTURE
- 1 can 10 oz. corned beef
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup stir fry
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup each onion (green and red bell pepper minced)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 raw egg
- ¼ cup of wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. oil with achiote
- ¼ cup fresh milk
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups oil for frying
- Peel the corduroy, remove the center of the corduroy. Cook in salted water to taste for 10-15. Drain and mash the corduroy. Leave apart.
- Prepare the corned beef: In a frying pan add the olive oil, sauce, onion, peppers and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the corned beef, tomato sauce and cilantro and cook for 2-3 minutes. Set aside until cool.
- Prepare the flour mixture: In a container add the egg, wheat flour, oil with achiote, milk and salt to taste. Mix until combined and set aside.
- Prepare the fillings: Divide the mashed corduroy into 10-12 portions. With each portion of mashed potato, form a ball between the palms of your hands. Flatten and place a tablespoon of the filling in the center of the dough and close the potato dough forming a ball, covering the entire filling with the mashed potatoes. Repeat the procedure with each portion until finished. Leave apart.
- In a deep skillet pour oil for frying and heat to 350 degrees.
- Pass the corduroy fillings through wheat flour. Then dip each potato filling in the flour mixture, drain and fry until golden brown.
- Place on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately and accompany with your favorite sauce.
- NOTE: You can substitute the vegetables and use 1/3 cup sofrito.