- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 lb. sliced fresh baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. wheat flour
- ½ tbsp. English sauce
- 1 tsp thyme
- ¼ cup sherry wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups heavy cream
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- In a saucepan add the butter, heat, add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the wheat flour, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, sherry wine, broth and heavy cream. Season to taste.
- Season to taste, cover and cook at medium temperature for 20 minutes. Let cool and go through the food processor.
- NOTE: You can leave a portion of the mushrooms separate, sauté and serve as a decoration on the soup! Another way to serve this delicious soup is simply to serve it with the chopped mushrooms without going through the food processor.