- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup minced ham
- 1 cup onion (minced)
- 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1 cup each (celery, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, mushrooms, tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp. pesto sauce
- ½ cup orzo or short pasta
- 2 cups soft beans (pink or white)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- salt to taste
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan add the olive oil, heat, add the ham and cook until golden brown. Add the onion, garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rest of the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, season to taste, cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.