FRIED CODADD TO FAVORITESGO TO FAVORITES
- ½ lb. desalted and shredded cod
- 1 ½ cup wheat flour
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 chopped coriander leaves
- 2 sweet peppers chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 1 sachet of seasoning with coriander and achiote
- 4 cups corn oil or lard for frying
- Place the cod in a container with water and let stand for several hours, then drain and remove the water. Prepare a saucepan with water and add the cod. Cook for 5-8 minutes. Drain and crumble.
- In a container add the cod with the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined.
- In a skillet, heat the corn oil.
- Add the mixture by spoonfuls and fry until golden brown on both sides. Serve immediately.
- NOTE: Remember to move the mixture every time you go to prepare the fritters, since the flour separates from the water.
- You can use olive oil prepared with achiote and eliminate the seasoning with coriander and achiote.
- I recommend using a shallow pan to fry the codfish.
Comments are closed.