- 1 ½ cup arborio rice
- 3 cups fish broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil with achiote
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup minced green bell pepper
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 lb. desalted cod fillet (boiled and shredded)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup boiled white beans
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- In a small saucepan add the arborio rice, 2 cups of fish broth and cook over medium heat until the broth is reduced. Leave apart.
- In a medium skillet add the olive oil, heat, add the onion, pepper, garlic, cod and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the precooked arborio and gradually add the fish broth and continue cooking at medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Then add the white wine and continue cooking until the liquids are reduced and the arborio rice is tender. Add the white beans, bell pepper, butter and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste and finish with chopped fresh cilantro.