- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups boiled and mashed breadfruit
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 13 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a mold with water.
- Prepare the caramel: In a microwave-safe mug, mix the sugar with the water and cook in the microwave at maximum temperature (high) for 5 to 7 minutes. Pour the caramel into an 8” mold.
- In the food processor mix the boiled breadfruit, cream cheese, sugar until creamy. Add the eggs one by one and mix until creamy. Add the evaporated milk and vanilla extract and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the caramel mold. Place the flan in the mold with water and place in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour. Let cool and place in the refrigerator until serving time.