- 1 lb. clean medium shrimp and marinated with: 2 tbsp. corn oil (1 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. garlic, 1 tsp. ginger, 2 tbsp. cornstarch)
- 1 cup carrots (minced)
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup onion cut into strips
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 piece of fresh ginger chopped
- Clean the shrimp, marinate and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce: In a medium saucepan add all the sauce ingredients and cook at medium heat for 5 minutes and then remove the ginger. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or "wok" add a drizzle of corn oil, heat and add the shrimp and sauté at medium heat for 3 minutes. Set aside. Add another splash of corn oil, heat, add the onion, peas, carrots and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and sauce.