- 1 pie dough
- 2 medium ripe plantains fried and chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup onion (minced)
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 6 slices of bacon (chopped and sautéed)
- ½ cup fresh coriander (minced)
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup light cream
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ tsp. Salt
- In a skillet add the olive oil, heat, add the onion, garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a container, mix the minced ripe with the sautéed bacon, onion, garlic, grated Swiss cheese and coriander. Leave aside. In another container, mix the eggbeater, light cream, salt and nutmeg.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spoon dough into 9 ”pie pan. Add the banana mixture. Pour the milk and egg mixture over the plantains.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- NOTE: You can prepare in 3 ”molds. Cut dough into 3 ”size and arrange in each greased pan. Pour the ripe mixture into each mold and then top with the eggbeater mixture and light cream. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Makes 12 tart cakes.