RICE PUDDING WITH COCONUTADD TO FAVORITESGO TO FAVORITES
- 1 ½ cup short grain rice soaked in water
- 1 ½ cup water
- 20 clove pieces
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 piece of fresh ginger
- 3 cans coconut milk
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup grated coconut
- 6 tbsp. raisins
- 2 tbsp. butter
- cinnamon powder to decorate
- Prepare the tea. In a saucepan, add the water with the spice clavitos, cinnamon sticks, ginger and cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Then strain and remove the spices. Set aside the tea.
- Drain the rice and put it in a saucepan, add the tea, coconut milk and cook until the liquid is reduced and the rice is done. Add the sugar, grated coconut, raisins, butter and cook for 15 minutes. Pour into a plate and decorate with cinnamon powder.
- Note: You can substitute the sugar for 1 pot of condensed milk.
- Important: When adding the sugar or condensed milk, the rice must be completely done to avoid being hard and crystallized.
Comments are closed.