- 1 1/4 cup quinoa
- 2 1/2 cup water
- ¼ cup olive oil with achiote
- 1/4 lb. chopped cooking ham (optional)
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- ½ cup minced green bell pepper
- ½ cup minced red bell pepper
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup stewed pink beans (drained)
- Prepare the quinoa. Place the quinoa in a colander and wash with water until the dust is removed. Leave aside.
- In a medium saucepan add water, salt to taste and heat to a boil. Add the quinoa and cook at medium heat until dry, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook at medium low temperature for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Prepare the masonry: In a large frying pan, add the olive oil with achiote, heat and add the cooking ham and sauté for several minutes. Add the onion, peppers, garlic and cook at medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the stewed beans, the quinoa and sauté at medium heat for several minutes and then add the chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot.