- 1 cup fresh milk
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1½ cup rice flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup grated white country cheese
- 4 cups corn oil for frying
- In a container mix the rice flour with the baking powder, salt and set aside. Grate the white country cheese and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan add the fresh milk with the butter and heat to a boil and lower the temperature. Add the rice flour little by little so that the flour is mixed with the milk and a very pasty mixture is formed. Keep mixing until it detaches from the saucepan and let cool. Add the eggs one by one and then the grated cheese.
- Mix until smooth and pasty, and season to taste. Add 2-4 tablespoons of milk if necessary if it is too thick. Leave in the refrigerator until frying time.
- To fry the almojábanas. Pour the oil from a deep frying pan and heat.
- Add the almojábana mixture by spoonfuls and fry until golden brown.
- Serve immediately and accompany with your favorite sauce.