- 2 lb. saw fish on wheels marinated with: 2 tsp. salt (2 tbsp. Garlic, ½ cup wheat flour)
- 1 cup pure olive oil
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 white onion cut into wheels
- 4 whole or sliced garlic cloves
- 2 sliced carrots (optional)
- 2 garlic leeks (chopped (optional))
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 black peppercorns
- salt to taste
- Marinate the fish and go through wheat flour. Set aside.
- Prepare the Pickled Sauce: In a medium saucepan add all the pickled ingredients and cook at medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet add 2 cups of corn oil, heat, add the fish and fry until golden brown on both sides. Repeat the procedure until finished and place on absorbent paper.
- In a rectangular glass mold add half of the sauce, then place the fried fish and then add the rest of the sauce. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.