- 1 pkg. turnover shells
- 1 lb. roasted and shredded turkey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup sofrito
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp. minced onion
- 2 tbsp. bell pepper (minced)
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- salt to taste
- 1 ½ cup gouda cheese shredded
- corn oil for frying
- Prepare the turkey stew. In a medium saucepan add the olive oil, sofrito, garlic, onion, bell pepper, coriander, tomato sauce and cook at medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the shredded turkey, season to taste and cook for 3-5 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a container, add the stew from the pavol and mix with the grated gouda cheese.
- Prepare the empanadillitas. Dampen the edge of a stencil and spoon in the turkey and cheese mixture. Fold the template and pinch the edges until the template is closed. Repeat for each template. Leave in the refrigerator until frying time.
- Fry in corn oil until golden brown and serve immediately. Accompany with your favorite sauce.