RICE WITH COD
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup each tomatoes, onion, minced green and red bell pepper
- ¼ cup stuffed olives (sliced)
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 sachet of seasoning with cilantro and achiote
- 3 cups of fish broth
- 3 cups long grain rice
- ½ cup white wine for cooking
- 1½ lb. desalted cod fillet cooked and crumbled
- salt to taste
In a medium saucepan, add the olive oil, heat and add the tomatoes, onion, peppers, garlic, olives and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the seasoning, fish stock, rice, white wine and the desalted cod fillet. Season to taste, cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve and garnish with peas and bell pepper.