Seed with coloring that in the industry is used to add color to dairy products, margarines, oils and breads.
- Aroma and flavor: smooth and fragrant
- Uses: In the Caribbean it is widely used in stews, soups, rice, meat and poultry
It is generally used whole and removed at the end of cooking. Its true universal triumph is in the manufacture of spirits.
- Aroma and flavor: it has a strong and aromatic smell.
- Uses: prepare tea or add flavor to sauces, desserts or drinks.
It is the most expensive spice in the world.
- Aroma and flavor: it has a very characteristic and aromatic flavor and is used in small quantities
- Uses: paella, rice dishes, soups, stews with seafood
It is very popular and is obtained from the dried bark of the cinnamon tree.
- Aroma and flavor: its aroma is strong. It has a pleasant, sweet, intense and somewhat spicy flavor.
- Uses: cookies, cakes, breads, sweets, chocolates, drinks, beef, pork, poultry, lamb and fish.
Plant from which both the leaves and the seeds are used.
- Aroma and flavor: smooth and aromatic.
- Uses: sausages, pickles, candies, cookies and stews.
It is a composition of black pepper, szechuan pepper, star anise, cinnamon, cloves and fennel seeds.
- Aroma and flavor: strong and aromatic flavor.
- Uses: Chinese and Indonesian food.
Cloves, which are both seasoning and flavoring, are essential in the cuisines of China, India, the Middle East, Greece, Russia, Scandinavia and many of America.
- Aroma and flavor: sharp and somewhat spicy.
- Uses: desserts, breads, cakes, fruit preserves. They use it by burying them in an onion to add aroma to broths, soups or sauces.
It is the mixture of different herbs and spices that can range from 5 to more than 30.
- Aroma and flavor: strong and aromatic.
- Uses: sauces, rice, meat, lamb, fish, seafood, poultry, vegetables and cereals.
This plant uses both the herb with the seed and is used in Scandinavian, Russian, Polish and Hungarian cuisine.
- Aroma and flavor: slightly sweet, bitter and aniseed.
- Uses: stews, lamb, chicken, pork, fish. To perfume cakes, cakes and rice.
It is a root that is widely used in Chinese, Indian, Japanese and Indonesian food.
- Aroma and flavor: very strong, spicy but pleasant.
- Uses: chicken, shellfish, fish, sauces, cookies, biscuits, ice cream, jams and fruit preserves.
It is a seed with a wrinkled surface used in Italy and France to give a delicate flavor to sauces, stews and purees.
- Aroma and flavor: sweet, spicy and strong.
- Uses: sweets, puddings, cakes, cakes, ice cream, fish, chicken or seafood.
There are varieties.
- Aroma and Flavor: it has a strong and spicy flavor. Its smell is aromatic and penetrating.
- Green: it is better to use it whole to add flavor to poultry, meats, pates and terrines.
- White: has a milder flavor and is perfect for white meats, salty cakes.
- Black: It has a very strong flavor. Perfect for poultry or pork.
- Pink: It is used whole and is perfect for salads.
- Red: it is very spicy.
It is a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and pepper.
- Aroma and Flavor: very aromatic.
- Uses: sauce prepared with tomato, pickles, sausages, desserts and ice cream.
She is the queen of pastry.
- Aroma and Flavor: sweet and aromatic.
- Uses: desserts, cookies, cakes, ice cream, puddings, drinks.