RICE WITH ONION AND BACONADD TO FAVORITESGO TO FAVORITES
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 slices of chopped bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp black sauce, browning sauce
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 2 cups long grain rice
- Salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan, add the butter with the olive oil, bacon and cook at medium heat until the bacon is golden brown.
- Add the onion, garlic and cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients, season to taste, cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- NOTE: You can substitute the bacon for bacon bits or turkey bacon. You can vary the recipe by adding 8 oz sliced mushrooms!