- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tbsp. black sugar
COVERED WITH CHEESE AND DULCE DE LECHE
- 2 lbs. cream cheese
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- 1 ½ cup confectioner's sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 whole eggs
- 8 oz. thick cream
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Grease a 9" springform pan. Mix the crust ingredients and arrange in the bottom of the pan until compact and form an even base.
- In the food processor, mix the cream cheese with the sugar, dulce de leche, egg yolks and whole eggs until creamy. Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined. Pour the mixture over the "crust" and bake for 1 hour to 1 ¼ hour. Let cool and place in the refrigerator until serving time. Decorate to your liking.
- NOTES: You can make the recipe without baking. Substitute plain gelatin for the eggs. You omit the eggs! Mix 3 sachets of unflavored gelatin with ¾ cup of water, heat for a few seconds in the microwave, dissolve and add to the cheesecake mixture and place in the refrigerator until it is thick enough to unmold and serve.