- 1 lb. Boiled pasta (spaghetti, Linguini, penne, bow ties)
- ¼ cup olive oil or butter
- ½ cup onion (minced)
- 8 slices of minced bacon
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 2 cups squash boiled and mashed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the pasta. In a saucepan add water and salt to taste. Heat until boiling. Add the pasta and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce: in a saucepan add the oil or butter, heat and add the bacon and cook until golden brown. Add the onion, garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin little by little, the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese and season to taste and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the minced fresh parsley. Serve with the pasta.