- 1 lb. boiled short pasta
PEPPER AND BACON SAUCE
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 slices of chopped bacon
- ⅓ cup stir fry
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- ⅓ cup boiled peas
- Prepare the pasta: In a medium saucepan add 4 cups water and salt to taste.
- Heat the water to boiling. Add the pasta and cook for 5-7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce: In a medium saucepan add olive oil and chopped bacon. Cook at temperature medium for 5 minutes until the bacons are golden brown.
- Add the sofrito and cook at medium temperature for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce, bell peppers, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the pasta and cilantro.
- Serve and decorate with peas.