MEATLOAF AND BANANA ROLLSADD TO FAVORITESGO TO FAVORITES
- thick aluminum foil
- cord to tie
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup panko
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sofrito
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- ¼ cup water
- 2 lbs. ground beef, turkey, or chicken
- 2 large ripe bananas, sliced and fried
- 16 oz. bell pepper cut into strips
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp. butter to grease
- 1 pint marinara sauce
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare the meat mixture. In a container, mix the milk with the panko. Add the eggs, sofrito, ½ cup marinara sauce, grated Parmesan cheese, and garlic. Add the meat and mix until combined.
- On a sheet of aluminum foil, with the help of a brush, spread the margarine until all the aluminum foil is greased. Place 12 bacon slices side by side on the foil. Pour the meat over the bacon and arrange the meat until it covers the bacon. Place the fried ripe plantains and the bell peppers over the meat. Place 6 slices of mozzarella cheese on top of the bell peppers and roll up. Pinch the ends of the foil together to secure the meat, then tie with string. Place on a baking tray with a rack.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Take out of the oven, let stand for 15-20. Remove the cords and open the foil, exposing the meat roll. Return to the oven. Raise oven temperature to 375 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes until the roll is golden brown. Let cool for at least 20 minutes and then cut into slices.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet add the marinara sauce, add the Parmesan cheese and heat until the Parmesan cheese melts.
- Slice the meat roll, serve with the sauce.