APPLE PIEADD TO FAVORITESGO TO FAVORITES
- 9 inch pie dish
- 2 pie crusts
- 6 apples cut into half moons
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tbsp. wheat flour
- 1 small egg (beaten)
- 2 tbsp. water
- In a container add 1 liter of water, apples, lemon juice and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. Then drain and set aside.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Arrange dough in 9” pie pan.
- In a container, mix the apples with the sugars, cinnamon, melted butter and wheat flour. Pour over the “pie” dough and cover the apples with the other pie dough, cut the edges and pinch the dough.
- In a bowl, beat the egg with the water and with the help of a brush, blend the beaten egg over the dough.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the pie is golden brown. Let cool and unmold.
- Serve cold or warm and can be served with vanilla ice cream.
- NOTE: You can substitute the sugar using 1 can of condensed milk. You can cut the dough that covers the pie or cut with a decorative cutter.